We have a variety of subject areas for a variety of ages. The Northville Art House is expanding its successful art programs resulting in employment opportunities for instructors in the following areas: Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Acrylic, Watercolor, Pastels, Photography, Weaving, Printing, Calligraphy, Quilting, Kids Carpentry, Anime/Manga, and Cartooning.
Classes are designed for groups of 10-16 students and usually meet once a week for 5-8 weeks. (Class lengths, times and durations are flexible) Age groups may be adults, youth or toddlers.
Examples of Duties:
• Plans art class content and prepares materials.
• Coordinate the orders of supplies with Art Director.
• Completes assignments on time and within budgetary restrictions.
• Conducts creative and safe classes.
• Communicates with supervisor regarding classroom needs.
• Attends periodic staff meetings.
• Previous teaching experience
• Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts degree
• Supervisory experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain a creative and safe classroom environment.
• Must have good communication skills
• Master of Fine Arts or Masters of Art Education degree
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge and skills in specialized subject areas.
• Can be relied upon to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
The Art House accepts applications on an ongoing basis. We welcome art historians and studio artists. For more information about this position or if you are interested in teaching a class other than those listed contact Suzanne Poulton @ 248/334-0497 or to apply please submit a resume, letter of interest and ****(MUST INCLUDE)**** details of the course you wish to teach (ie. time, dates, length, objectives, supplies needed) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMC Performance, ..